Usage and care instructions
- Do not use if seal is broken
- Open the packaging and unfold the face mask. Cup the respirator in your hand to maintain the position on your face.
- Adjust the ear loops to fit the face mask comfortably.
- Adjust the nose bridge bar tightly around your nose.
- To check seal, place both hands over respirator and exhale sharply. Adjust bridge bar if air leaks around the nose. Mask should cover mouth, nose and chin.
Store in a clean bag/box, away from sunlight and extreme temperatures
- Hand wash once a week or as needed in cold water for about 2 minutes
- Line dry in shade for 6 – 8 hours depending on humidity
- Do not use detergent or bleach
- If stained, use a mild soap to rinse
- Do not wring
- Do not dry clean
- Wash up to 30 times
- This face mask does not eliminate illness, disease or infection and is intended for general public use.
- This face mask is not intended for use in surgical settings or where significant exposure to liquid, bodily, or other hazardous fluids may be expected.This face mask is not intended for use in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high.
- This face mask is not intended for use in the presence of a high intensity heat source or flammable gas.
- This face mask does not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not use the Livingard face mask for chemicals, gases, vapors, oil aerosols, oil based particles or extremely high particulate concentration.
- Never substitute, modify, add, or omit parts. Use only exact replacement parts in the configuration as specified by the manufacturer.
- Follow fitting instructions carefully, efficacy depends on proper fitting.
- Do not share your mask with others or allow others to use your mask.
- Individuals with a compromised respiratory system, such as asthma or emphysema, should consult a physician and complete a medical evaluation prior to use.
- Not recommended for children below the age of 7.
This face mask has not been FDA cleared or approved
This mask has been authorized by FDA under a EUA for use by HCP as PPE to help prevent the spread of infection or illness in healthcare settings and by the general public to help slow the spread of the virus during the COVID19 pandemic.
This mask is authorized only for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of the emergency use of medical devices, including alternative products used as medical devices, during the COVID-19 outbreak, under section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1) unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
Frequently asked questions
Nelson Labs has reviewed our documentation and has preliminarily concluded it should be safe for use during the crisis, and that Nelson Labs will be conducting additional testing to confirm its conclusions.
Livinguard has passed extensive skin safety testing at Product Safety Labs in USA per US EPA requirements and at Hohenstein Institute in Germany per European standards.
- USA: We are working with the FDA to make our mask available in the US during the crisis.
- EU: Class I and Class II medical device claims are currently under review by Dekra.
- China: The version of our mask without an exhalation valve has been certified KN95 compliant by Guangdong Testing Institute of Product Quality Supervision.
- Australia: Masks meeting our specifications have been TGA approved as a Class 1 Medical Device.
- Other regions: Further certifications and conformity are in place for Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, and others.
Further, we are in active dialog with leading retailers, consumer and fashion brands, and medical distributors to increase availability of our masks to healthcare professionals, patients, and general consumers across the world.
While you will always be the best judge for yourself, our masks are designed with comfort in mind for extended use throughout the day.
One mask is adequate in most cases. We would recommend two masks if you cannot wait for the mask to dry after washing it.
Livinguard Face Masks are available in Vantablack, Bombay Blue, Forest Green and Cosmic Red.
We are actively seeking designers who can make and sell more fashionable designs.
Please do reach out to us through our contact form if you represent a leading retailer, medical distributor, or consumer brand looking to bring our face masks to your customers. We can similarly sell directly to governments and essential service employers looking to distribute our face masks to their employees.